Trade Deadline

Thoughts on the Real MLB Post'em Here
Forum rules
Thoughts on the Real MLB Post'em Here

GM Conduct:

it shouldn’t have to be said, but it does and has come into play. Please use common sense when on the forums, via PM , Slack, or via E-mail. Please treat each other with dignity and respect. Any inter-GM issues will be dealt with via an Office Holders’ vote.
Eddie Paxil-Commish
Site Admin

Trade Deadline

Post by Eddie Paxil-Commish » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Ok we've had a couple of days to digest all the deals at the deadline. Wanted to know what some of you thought of what went down.

I was disappointed in what my Yankees did. It seems like all they ever do know in-season is take on flawed players and swear that they can fix them.

Didn't mind the Marlins deal, but did we really need to throw in a compensation pick. I realize Cosart is really good, but c'mon.

Really felt like the David Price deal helped everyone involved. Rays got controllable talent for the near future. Tigers got yet another Cy Young caliber arm, and Seattle got a desperately needed bat for CF.

The Lester deal took guts on the part of Beane, but I doubt he could've kept Cespedes after next season. He's put all his chips in for right now, and I respect that.

I liked one specific "small" deal that went down. The Orioles really needed a LH arm out of the pen. Don't sell short the fact that they got Andrew Miller.
Eddie Paxil
OMLB Commissioner
New Jersey Pioneers GM (2025-Present) Continental Expansion League Champions 2025 and 2026
Miami Marlins GM (2014-2024) NL East Champions 2016, 2019, & 2022

Bond

Re: Trade Deadline

Post by Bond » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:35 pm

I felt like the Rays could have gotten more for Price. Hopefully this Adames kid will end up being really good.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Hopefully the Rays know more than everyone else, because that return was very underwhelming.

DShatz017

Post by DShatz017 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:27 pm

I think the Red Sox did very well and I believe they can and will re-sign Lester in the offseason

The losers were the Rays and Phillies. Rays got very little for Price...very underwhelming. They could have waited till offseason and probably gotten a lot more from the Sox or Yanks