New Rays GM Introduced

Articles from the American League to Accrue AP
Forum rules
American League News Items Should be posted here.

GM Conduct:

it shouldn’t have to be said, but it does and has come into play. Please use common sense when on the forums, via PM , Slack, or via E-mail. Please treat each other with dignity and respect. Any inter-GM issues will be dealt with via an Office Holders’ vote.
TBRaysGM

New Rays GM Introduced

Post by TBRaysGM » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 pm

The Tampa Bay Rays are pleased to announce the promotion of Josh Twitchell to the role of Vice President of Baseball Operations / General Manager. Twitchell, born in Rhode Island but raised in Florida, considers himself a local to the sunshine state and is excited to have the opportunity to manage his local team to the promised land.

"To be honest, I'm a bit scared," said Twitchell at his introductory press conference, interjecting an air of humanity into the affair. "I play a lot of Out of the Park Baseball, but I usually play as large market teams. This Rays team has a lot of potential, but it's strapped for cash over the next few years. It's going to be a real challenge to keep it competitive and cash positive."

When asked if the new General Manager had any plans on amnestying any of the current players -- in particular Brendan Rodgers, one of the highest paid players in the game -- he responded: "We are going to do a complete evaluation of our roster. Everything is a baseball decision. Brendan is still a very good player and does a lot of things we like."

The Tampa Bay Rays currently have the 22nd rated farm system in Major League Baseball, led by international free agent signee Jorge de la Cerda. He is the 45th overall prospect in baseball. For this year, other executives around the league are expecting Tampa Bay to finish second in the AL East behind the Cleveland Indians.